Onalaska Football Updates
We are only a few weeks away from football starting on August 1st so I want to update you on a few things.
1. Please get all physicals taken care of prior to August 1st as your athlete cannot practice without one. They need to have had a physical after April of 2017 in order to be eligible, and the physical needs to be on file with the activities office. You can get a physical at express care or many chiropractors for a low price if your doctor is full. Let me know if you need a contact for this.
2. There is a parent/player fall sports meeting on July 26th at 6:30pm in the PAC- we will hand out our fundraising gold cards at that time.
3. Reminder that we have practice the first Saturday (August 4th) along with our fundraising blitz that day. The following Saturday (August 11th) is our pancake breakfast for the mothers. Those are the only 2 weekend commitments of the season.
4. I will be out of the local area from this Saturday (July 14th- July 24th) for the high school all star game and a mini vacation with my wife. If your son needs anything from me for a camp or any other reason, they need to get it by Friday or wait until late July.
5. There is a O-line and D- Line camp at UWL this Sunday from 2-4pm. The cost is only $10 because we participate in the passing league there. Your son needs a helmet and shoulder pads from me if he is going to participate. He needs to get that tomorrow or Friday. Info for camp is at link below, but do not register because then it will cost $40, simply bring $10 on Sunday when you show up and they will have you sign forms there. If your son is going let me know so I can forward a head count to them.
6. We have 2 weeks left of summer strength training with the final thursday (July 26th) being our annual dodgeball tournament. If you work for a business that hands out corporate T shirts, or advertising gifts and would like to provide prizes for our winners, send them with your son and we will pass them out to the participants of our dodgeball tournament.
7. If you ordered apparel it will be in within a week I am guessing. It is 4 weeks from close of the order which probably got backed up a bit due to 4th of july holiday. There will be one last chance to order apparel in August, we open it so middle school has a chance to order as well.
This fall the park and rec will be playing a modified version of football that doesn't have tackling. Players will still wear helmets and shoulder pads but the rules are modified to keep everyone on their feet. Please watch our informational meeting about it below. The meeting includes information about the game along with some questions from parents who were at the meeting.
Summer School Strength and Conditioning sign up is open! Please get your athletes signed up.
To Sign Up: Click Here to Start
All Times are open to both males and females!
6:30-7:30am - Designed for athletes with open gyms, open ice, double summer school sessions, or other heavy intensive summer commitments.
8:15-10:00- Typically has been our older, more experienced athletes but will work with all athletes no matter ability level.
9:00-10:00- BOOT CAMP- High intensity training similar to "Burn Bootcamp." We have had requests from our female athletes to run a training session like this so we are offering two sessions this year. They are open to both guys and girls.
10:15-11:15 BOOT CAMP- 2nd session so that anyone who has first sessions summer school class can still attend.
10:15-Noon- Weight training and conditioning session like we have always run. Typically this session is our younger athletes and anyone who had first session summer school.
11:30-12:15- MIDDLE SCHOOL- intro to weight room and strength training for middle school. We use very light weights and teach form over putting heavy weight on. It ends at 12:15 so that students can go straight to our free lunch program in the cafeteria.
Any questions contact Tom Yashinsky at email@example.com
Onalaska Football Families-
This Sunday, December 3rd, at 6:00pm at Onalaska Middle School we will host our end of the year celebration. All grades are invited and encouraged to attend! We will be serving cake to celebrate as we recap our very successful season of football. There is no cost to attend and all family members are welcome. I choose to do cake instead of a full meal as I do not want anyone to have to pay anything to attend and want our celebration open to your entire family if they choose to attend.
We will hand out a few team awards, recognize our all conference players, recap all three levels. As a way to get the community involved in our team we will have a guest speaker this year. Dave Skogen will be giving a speech on Leadership Principles.
We also will be raffling off a few items. We will raffle off some apparel along with a helmet autographed by every member of the varsity squad. Raffle Tickets will be $1.00 for the apparel items and $5.00 for the helmet. All proceeds from the raffle go towards gifts for our 5 volunteer coaches, 2 managers, and 2 stat keepers.
We will also have season highlight DVD's for sale for $10. Please email me if you'd like one so I can have it there for you that night.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing you next Sunday night!
Our apparel store has reopened for one week only. It closes on Sept 7th.
Onalaska Football Families
Thank you to all of those who came out to the pancake breakfast. It was an awesome time and the boys had a lot of fun making breakfast for mom. It exceeded all expectations that I had.
This week we will have our Pot Luck dinner Thursday at 5:30pm. Players and parents of all grade levels are invited to attend! This is one of the events our players look forward to the most.
Freshmen- Bring desserts
Sophomores- Bring Main meal
Juniors- Side salads/ Fruits
Seniors- Main Meal
We will have places to plug in slow cookers. We need to feed 80 players, their families, and coaches so please take that into account when making/ purchasing your item.
The varsity team will be on the road the next 2 weeks as we travel to River Valley and Mosinee. For these games I am asking for parents to donate drinks, chips, desserts for the ride home. I have made a spreadsheet so you can sign up so that we have enough for both weeks. Please bring the items in the week of the game so that we have enough for each game. We will also need coolers to transport the items.
Donation Sign Up
We will be getting Subs from Lindys as a main meal, the players will be responsible for paying for them. I will get a price for those on Monday and tell the players. All players 10th-12th grade travel with us for varsity road games.
Varsity/JV lifting will be Sundays at 6:00pm with a make up option before practice on Monday if they cannot make Sunday. We will also lift Wednesdays at 8:00am each week until school starts.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.