Onalaska Football Families:
Below is a recap of the parent/ player meeting tonight. You can go through the power point and read the slides, and below I will give the main points.
The first day of practice is Wednesday August 1st. Equipment and locker handout is at 2:30pm!!!
2018 July Parent Meeting
1. Your athlete NEEDS a physical on file in order to practice on Wednesday. If your athlete did not have a physical after April 1st 2017 it is expired. If you don't know, email me and I will let you know if your athlete needs one or not.
2. Please register your athlete for football here: https://onalaska-ar.rschooltoday.com/
Even if you did it last year you need to update it each year.
3. Impact testing for all Freshmen, Juniors and anyone who is playing football for the first time will be Monday July 30th at 2:00pm in the LMC Writing Lab (Left of LMC)
4. Slide 6 shows the practice time schedule for the first 2 weeks.
5. I stressed that it is the players responsibility to communicate with the coach on scheduling issue, appointments, and general questions. I will always answer parent emails but I'd like players to take responsibility for getting answers to their questions as it is a skill they need as life progresses. My contact info is on Slide 7.
6. Hudl is the main way I communicate with the players. Please have them log into the app and turn on push notifications so they get updates. If they are having trouble have them email me, they can email me on here or school email.
7. We will lift on Mondays and Wednesdays in season for JV and Varsity--- we will lift during resource instead of at 6:00am like we used to.
8. All athletes need mouth guards, padded girdles, black and white half calf game socks. I have a few girdles for $30, mouth guards for $5. Have your son contact me if you need either of those. I will check sizes of girdles tomorrow at school.
9. Slide 12 has my lettering policy.
10. Slide 14 talks about playing time, earning playing time, and player communication if they think they should be getting more playing time or would like a better definition of their role on the team.
11. Slide 16 details our policy for missing practice.
12. Slide 19 talks about our gold card sale. Each player is asked to do their best to sell 20 of them. If your son did not receive his because he wasn't there tonight, have him contact me and I will get him his gold cards ASAP so he can start selling. This is the most important fundraiser we do each year! If someone wants to write a check have them write it to Onalaska Booster Club.
13. Apparel is in, I handed out most. I will hand out the rest on Wednesday unless you arrange to pick it up prior to then. There will be a different apparel order opening Friday through August 9th.
Athletes user guide to hudl messenger: