Onalaska Football Updates
We are only a few weeks away from football starting on August 1st so I want to update you on a few things.
1. Please get all physicals taken care of prior to August 1st as your athlete cannot practice without one. They need to have had a physical after April of 2017 in order to be eligible, and the physical needs to be on file with the activities office. You can get a physical at express care or many chiropractors for a low price if your doctor is full. Let me know if you need a contact for this.
2. There is a parent/player fall sports meeting on July 26th at 6:30pm in the PAC- we will hand out our fundraising gold cards at that time.
3. Reminder that we have practice the first Saturday (August 4th) along with our fundraising blitz that day. The following Saturday (August 11th) is our pancake breakfast for the mothers. Those are the only 2 weekend commitments of the season.
4. I will be out of the local area from this Saturday (July 14th- July 24th) for the high school all star game and a mini vacation with my wife. If your son needs anything from me for a camp or any other reason, they need to get it by Friday or wait until late July.
5. There is a O-line and D- Line camp at UWL this Sunday from 2-4pm. The cost is only $10 because we participate in the passing league there. Your son needs a helmet and shoulder pads from me if he is going to participate. He needs to get that tomorrow or Friday. Info for camp is at link below, but do not register because then it will cost $40, simply bring $10 on Sunday when you show up and they will have you sign forms there. If your son is going let me know so I can forward a head count to them.
6. We have 2 weeks left of summer strength training with the final thursday (July 26th) being our annual dodgeball tournament. If you work for a business that hands out corporate T shirts, or advertising gifts and would like to provide prizes for our winners, send them with your son and we will pass them out to the participants of our dodgeball tournament.
7. If you ordered apparel it will be in within a week I am guessing. It is 4 weeks from close of the order which probably got backed up a bit due to 4th of july holiday. There will be one last chance to order apparel in August, we open it so middle school has a chance to order as well.