Onalaska Football Families,
Some updates on this week:
Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Onalaska Football Families,
- Reminder that there is a player and parent meeting monday night at 6:30pm in the OHS Preforming Arts Center. Please be there. Mr. Ihle goes over school information/ regulations along with some football specific info.
- All physicals need to be turned in for your athlete to be able to practice Tuesday. Please have your son come early to practice to turn it in so they can be on time to practice.
- If your player is a Freshmen, Junior, or new to the program, they need to be in the library computer lab Monday at 2:15 to do Impact testing for baseline concussion protocol. This is a test done every other year for multiple sports in case of a concussion it gives a baseline for when an athlete can return to play. Please tell your athlete to get there.
-If your player does not need to impact test, then they need to be in the OHS Commons tomorrow by 3:20 for a team meeting. All players are required to attend this meeting! We will hand out equipment after the meeting. There will be no physical activity tomorrow so they do not need to be prepared for that.
- Your athlete will bring home 20 discount cards to sell tomorrow. It is their job to sell them, please encourage them to contact relatives, friends, any supporters of the program to sell them and support our program. The earlier they do this the better, as they will beat other people to the neighborhood/ sales. They will use an App to help track sales- they will get that info tomorrow including handout for app.
- Here is a link to some onalaska apparel. It includes the Gray light weight hoody that went out of stock quickly on the first order. https://www.bsnteamsports.com/shop/jBWjnMwSqf
- Tuesday practice starts at 3:30 sharp in commons. Your athlete is encouraged to bring food, or to buy something out of gatorade vending machine for a snack during break. We have a 30 minute break daily that they can eat during, but not allowed to leave practice.
- Encourage your athlete to be hydrating throughout the day! It will be hot at practice.
- If your athlete needs a girdle I still have a few left, Large size for sure, and possibly a few others, have them ask me tomorrow. They cost $30.
any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Onalaska Football Families,
Here is the link to my presentation from last night-- which I will recap below including links.
Attention Onalaska Football Families
Reminders and Important Dates:
All players are expected to participate in our summer strength and speed program The best teams in the state lift together. Our intentions are to become one of the best teams in the state, therefore we will lift and condition as a team.
Head Football Coach
Onalaska Football Families:
Below is a recap of the parent/ player meeting tonight. You can go through the power point and read the slides, and below I will give the main points.
The first day of practice is Wednesday August 1st. Equipment and locker handout is at 2:30pm!!!
2018 July Parent Meeting
1. Your athlete NEEDS a physical on file in order to practice on Wednesday. If your athlete did not have a physical after April 1st 2017 it is expired. If you don't know, email me and I will let you know if your athlete needs one or not.
2. Please register your athlete for football here: https://onalaska-ar.rschooltoday.com/
Even if you did it last year you need to update it each year.
3. Impact testing for all Freshmen, Juniors and anyone who is playing football for the first time will be Monday July 30th at 2:00pm in the LMC Writing Lab (Left of LMC)
4. Slide 6 shows the practice time schedule for the first 2 weeks.
5. I stressed that it is the players responsibility to communicate with the coach on scheduling issue, appointments, and general questions. I will always answer parent emails but I'd like players to take responsibility for getting answers to their questions as it is a skill they need as life progresses. My contact info is on Slide 7.
6. Hudl is the main way I communicate with the players. Please have them log into the app and turn on push notifications so they get updates. If they are having trouble have them email me, they can email me on here or school email.
7. We will lift on Mondays and Wednesdays in season for JV and Varsity--- we will lift during resource instead of at 6:00am like we used to.
8. All athletes need mouth guards, padded girdles, black and white half calf game socks. I have a few girdles for $30, mouth guards for $5. Have your son contact me if you need either of those. I will check sizes of girdles tomorrow at school.
9. Slide 12 has my lettering policy.
10. Slide 14 talks about playing time, earning playing time, and player communication if they think they should be getting more playing time or would like a better definition of their role on the team.
11. Slide 16 details our policy for missing practice.
12. Slide 19 talks about our gold card sale. Each player is asked to do their best to sell 20 of them. If your son did not receive his because he wasn't there tonight, have him contact me and I will get him his gold cards ASAP so he can start selling. This is the most important fundraiser we do each year! If someone wants to write a check have them write it to Onalaska Booster Club.
13. Apparel is in, I handed out most. I will hand out the rest on Wednesday unless you arrange to pick it up prior to then. There will be a different apparel order opening Friday through August 9th.
Athletes user guide to hudl messenger:
Onalaska Football Updates
We are only a few weeks away from football starting on August 1st so I want to update you on a few things.
1. Please get all physicals taken care of prior to August 1st as your athlete cannot practice without one. They need to have had a physical after April of 2017 in order to be eligible, and the physical needs to be on file with the activities office. You can get a physical at express care or many chiropractors for a low price if your doctor is full. Let me know if you need a contact for this.
2. There is a parent/player fall sports meeting on July 26th at 6:30pm in the PAC- we will hand out our fundraising gold cards at that time.
3. Reminder that we have practice the first Saturday (August 4th) along with our fundraising blitz that day. The following Saturday (August 11th) is our pancake breakfast for the mothers. Those are the only 2 weekend commitments of the season.
4. I will be out of the local area from this Saturday (July 14th- July 24th) for the high school all star game and a mini vacation with my wife. If your son needs anything from me for a camp or any other reason, they need to get it by Friday or wait until late July.
5. There is a O-line and D- Line camp at UWL this Sunday from 2-4pm. The cost is only $10 because we participate in the passing league there. Your son needs a helmet and shoulder pads from me if he is going to participate. He needs to get that tomorrow or Friday. Info for camp is at link below, but do not register because then it will cost $40, simply bring $10 on Sunday when you show up and they will have you sign forms there. If your son is going let me know so I can forward a head count to them.
6. We have 2 weeks left of summer strength training with the final thursday (July 26th) being our annual dodgeball tournament. If you work for a business that hands out corporate T shirts, or advertising gifts and would like to provide prizes for our winners, send them with your son and we will pass them out to the participants of our dodgeball tournament.
7. If you ordered apparel it will be in within a week I am guessing. It is 4 weeks from close of the order which probably got backed up a bit due to 4th of july holiday. There will be one last chance to order apparel in August, we open it so middle school has a chance to order as well.
This fall the park and rec will be playing a modified version of football that doesn't have tackling. Players will still wear helmets and shoulder pads but the rules are modified to keep everyone on their feet. Please watch our informational meeting about it below. The meeting includes information about the game along with some questions from parents who were at the meeting.